ELECTRICAL QC INTERVIEW QUESTION ANSWERS
Main keywords for this article are ELECTRICAL QC INTERVIEW QUESTION ANSWERS, Capacitors related Question Answers, Transformer related Question Answers, Agricultural Buildings question answers.
ELECTRICAL QC INTERVIEW QUESTION ANSWERS
Motor related Question Answers
- Are ampacities and sizing of components other than overload devices based on table values rather than nameplate values?
NEC Reference: 430.6(A)( I)
- Are conductor ampacities for individual continuous duty motors at least 125% of table full-load current?
NEC Reference: 430.22(A)
- Do conductors supplying multiple motors have ampacities equal to at least the sum of the full-load current rating of all of the motors plus 125% of largest motor?
NEC Reference: 430.24
- Does motor overload protection exceed permitted values?
NEC Reference: 430.32 to 430.44
- Does the motor branch-circuit short-circuit and groundfault protection exceed permitted values?
NEC Reference: 430.5.1 to 430.58
- Does the motor feeder short-circuit and ground-fault protection exceed permitted values?
NEC Reference: 430.62 w 430.63
- Does the motor control circuits have proper overcurrent protection? NEC Reference: 430.72
- Are motor controllers provided for motors, and are they the proper type, and do they have adequate ratings?
NEC Reference: 430.81 to 430.91
- Do the motor control centers have proper ratings, protection, workspace and dedicated space?
NEC Reference: 430.92 to 430.98, 110.26
- Are motor disconnects of the proper type and rating?
NEC Reference: 430.109, 430.110
- Are controller disconnects in sight of controllers, readily accessible, and do they have adequate work space?
NEC Reference: 430.102(A). 430.107, 110.26
- Are motor disconnects in sight of motors, readily accessible, and do they have adequate workspace, or are controller disconnects lockable?
NEC Reference: 430. 102(B), 430. 107, 110.26
Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Equipment related Questions
- ls there applicable nameplate information for the equipment?
NEC Reference: 440.4(A)
- Are branch-circuit conductor sizes adequate based on the applicable nameplate information?
NEC Reference: 440.31 to 440.35
- Are conductors supplying several units adequately sized?
NEC Reference: 430.3A, 440.33, 440.34
- Is branch circuit overload protection provided and properly sized?
NEC Reference: 440.51 to 440.55
- Is branch-circuit short-circuit and groundfault protection provided and properly sized?
NEC Reference: 440.21 & 440.22
- ls feeder short-circuit and ground-fault protection provided and properly sized where applicable?
NEC Reference: 430.61 to 430.63
- Do controllers have adequate ratings where they are not part of listed multi motor or combination load equipment?
NEC Reference: 440.41
- Do disconnecting means have .ratings adequate for the equipment?
NEC Reference: 440.12, 440.13
- Are disconnecting means within sight and readily accessible from the equipment, and are working spaces adequate?
NEC Reference: 440.14, 110.26
- Are conductors, receptacles, cords, and over-current devices for room air-conditioners properly sized?
NEC Reference: 440.60 to 440.64
- Are receptacles and adequate lighting provided for servicing of mechanical equipment?
NEC Reference: 210.63, 210.70(A)(3)
Places of Assembly related question answers
- ls Article 518 applicable?
NEC Reference: 518.1, 518.2
- Are wiring methoqs suitable for the occupancy and fire-rating of the area(s)?
NEC Reference: 518.4(A )
- Does the temporary installation comply with Article 527 except for GFCI requirements?
NEC Reference: 518.3
- Does portable distribution equipment have adequate ratings and supply from listed power outlets?
NEC Reference: 518.5
- Does portable distribution equipment have overcurrent protection and isolation from the general public)
NEC Reference : 518 .5
Motor Fuel Dispensing and Service Stations related Questions
- Does Article 514 apply?
NEC Reference: 514.1
- What is the extent and division of the Class I areas?
NEC Reference: 512.2
Are suitable wiring methods and equipment used within and below Class I areas?
NEC Reference: 514.3. 514.8
- Are suitable wiring methods and equipment used above classified areas?
NEC Reference: 514.4. 511.7
- Are seals located, installed, and sealed at dispensers and in accordance with Section 501.5?
NEC Reference: 51 4.9
- Are circuit and emergency disconnecting means provided and do they disconnect all circuit conductors including any grounded conductors?
NEC Reference: 514. 11
- Are means to disconnect all voltage sources, including feedback voltages, provided?
NEC Reference: 5 14 .13
Agricultural Buildings question answers
- Is Article 547 applicable?
NEC Reference: 547.1
- Are wiring methods suitable for the occupancy and conditions and for protection from physical damage?
NEC Reference: 547.5 (A) & (B)
- Does equipment that requires grounding have a copper equipment grounding conductor? ·
NEC Reference: 547.5 (F)
- Are equipment grounding conductors installed underground insulated or covered?
NEC Reference: 547.S(F)
- Do switches, circuit breakers, controllers, and the like have enclosures suitable for the conditions?
NEC Reference 547.6 & 547.5 (C)
- Are lighting fixtures installed to minimize the entry of dust and water. and are fixtures that are exposed to damage supplied with guards?
NEC Reference: 547.8
- Does the arrangement of service equipment, distribution equipment, overcurrent protection and grounding comply with requirements?
- Has an equipotential plane been installed in concrete floors of livestock containment areas? Is it bonded to electrodes and conductive elements?
NEC Reference: 547. I0(A) & ( 10)
Marinas and Boatyards related Question Answers
- Is Article 555 applicable?
NEC Reference: 555.1
- Are shore power receptacles of a locking and grounding type, and do they have ampere ratings appropriate for the boats accommodated?
NEC Reference: 555.19
- Are general use receptacles that are not used for shore power GFCI-protected?
NEC Reference: 555.19(B)
- Are disconnecting means provided within sight of shore power connections to isolate each boat from its supply circuit?
NEC Reference: 555.17
- Are receptacles used for shore power supplied by individual branch circuits with voltage and current ratings corresponding to the receptacles?
NEC Reference 555. 19(A)
- Do feeder and service calculations comply with requirements?
NEC Reference 555.12
- Are wiring methods suitable for wet locations, and are cords, where used, extra-hard usage type listed for wet locations and sunlight resistance?
NEC Reference: 555. 13
- Is equipment requiring grounding connected to an insulated copper equipment grounding conductor included with feeders and branch circuits?
NEC Reference: 555. 15
- Is wiring over or Under navigable water suitable, and does it have proper clearances?
NEC Reference: 555.13(B )(3)
- Does wiring in motor fuel dispensing stations comply with Article 514?
NEC Reference: 555.21
- Is service equipment for floating docks or marinas located adjacent to, but not on or in, the floating structure? NEC Reference: 555.21
Transformer related Question Answers
- ls overcurrent protection for transformers 600 volts or less provided and properly sized?
NEC Reference: 450.3(8)
- ls overcurrent protection provided for transformer primary conductors?
NEC Reference: 240.4, 240.21, 240.100
- ls overcurrent protection provided for transfomer secondary conductors?
NEC Reference: 240.4, 240.21, 240.100, 240.4(F)
- Do transformer installations have adequate ventilation and spacing from walls and obstructions.
NEC Reference: 450.9, 450.21
- Do transformers have ready access or proper installation in the open or in hollow spaces?
NEC Reference: 450.13
- Do indoor dry-type transformers have separation from combustibles, or, based on ratings, installation in fire-resistant rooms or vaults?
NEC Reference: 450.21
- Do outdoor dry-type transformers have weatherproof enclosures?
NEC Reference: 450.22
- Are liquid-insulated transformers installed in accordance with the requirements for the location and type of insulating liquid?
NEC Reference: 450.23 to 450.28
- Do transformer vaults have adequate construction, access, ventilation, and drainage, and are foreign systems in vaults?
NEC Reference: 450.41 to 450.48
Capacitors related Question Answers
- Do capacitors have proper enclosures and guards?
NEC Reference: 460.2
- Are conductors properly sized based on the current rating of the capacitor(s)?
NEC Reference: 460.8(A)
- Do capacitors, other than those connected to the load side of motor overload devices, have disconnects and proper overcurrent protection?
NEC Reference: 460.8paktechpoint.com