The use of Fieldbus shall be maximized for all regulatory process control devices where a suitable FF device is available and shall also apply to all Packaged Equipment. The regulatory process control loops shall typically include the following:
· Monitoring loops (including bearing temperatures)
· Multiplexed temperature monitoring loops (including bearing temperatures)
· Simple PID loops
· Cascade loops
· Sequence loops
· Complex loops
· MOV control loops
Fieldbus shall not be used for the following applications:
· Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Fire and Gas Alarm System (FGAS) signals due to safety Reasons.
· Discrete signals, i.e. digital signals due to limited availability and lack of enhanced functionality of such devices. An exception to this shall be where multiple I/O devices are used such as motorized valves which have both analogue and digital signals.
· Time critical applications such as anti-surge control turbine Control System (TCS), Compressor Control System (CCS), Vibration Monitoring System (VMS), Tank Data Acquisition System (TDAS), Flow Metering System (FMS).
· IS applications.