PROCEDURES ERECTION OF AIR FIN FAN COOLER
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT FOR ERECTION OF AIR FIN FAN COOLER
- Tools and equipment needed should be in good condition and must be checked by Mechanical Supervisor/Safety Officer prior to use in the construction area. These Includes but not limited to:
- Calibrated engineering level with calibration certificate
- Corrective wrenches all required range
- Certified sling and hoists
- Rigging accessories
- Lifting Beam
- Welding machine
- Millwright Precision meter
- Crawler crane
- Tag line nylon rope
ERECTION OF AIR FIN FAN COOLER
PROCEDURES ERECTION OF AIR FIN FAN COOLER
- Job site Receiving and Inspection:
- Upon withdrawal and receipt of equipment from Contractor warehouse, receiving inspection shall be conducted immediately as per approved procedure to verify compliance and latest revision of vendors drawing.
- Record of inspection shall be documented as per typical inspection plan (Material Receiving Inspection); findings and deviations shall be documented in Quality control Inspection Report (QCIR) and Non Conformance Report (NCR).
Dimensional Inspection and Checking of beam:
Using Work Transfer Sheet, following shall be done;
• Establish centerlines (Northing and Easting) of beams reference to applicable civil drawings.
• Check connections location
• Check elevations and alignment
• Verify the QC release document
Compare data with reference drawings (civil & mechanical) and Survey Data Record. Note the discrepancies and unacceptable tolerances and report through QCIR .
Preparatory Works for Fin Fan Air Cooler
- Secure all the valid documents prior to work commence.
- Tools and equipment shall be made operational and available for use.
- Ensure tools are color-coded accordingly. Calibration certification where required shall be valid.
- Prior to the arrival of equipment on site, Contractor shall review the manufacturer’s requirement and the requirements of this specification regarding on site storage of the equipment. These requirements shall be incorporated into the preservation plan in all respects.
- Mobilize all manpower, tools and equipment needed for the job.
- Prepare shim if there is a requirement.
- Install barricades to confine the area for authorized personnel only.
- Prepare lifting location where the crane will be positioned.
- Prepare all rigging accessories according to requirement.
- Checked wind condition, lift shall not proceed when wind velocity is greater than required of crane.
- Stabilized ground areas for pre-assembly and crane location. Crane mats shall be provided in accordance to findings of soil bearing pressure.
Pre-assembly of Air Fin Fan Cooler
- Prior for assembly of air fin fan cooler column & upper beam structure, provide temporary base frame as shown on figure A to support the structure to be assembled. Make sure temporary base frame should be stable and rigid. See Figure A for illustration.
- Using crane, assemble upper beam steel structure and column, on the temporary base frame provided see figure A.
- Make sure figure A frame location of bolt holes, dimension & distances are exactly the same on approved for construction drawing.
Connect column and upper beam steel structure.
Check alignment, level and plumbness. Assembled column & upper beam structure will be inspected by QC as per International Standard prior for final ‘checking of clients prior for bolt tightening.
Upon approval of assembled column and upper beam structure install walkway assembly and access platform on the designated location.
Assemble faming and plenum member at ground.
Connect plenum chamber on assembled faming and plenum member. After assembly QC will inspect as per International Standard prior for final checking of clients.
Install hanger rod and tie rod to support plenum module. Using crane with lifting beam/lifting frame install plenum module on designated location.
At ground, assemble lower bearing assembly with initial charge of grease and large pulley with lower bearing & fanshaft assembly, make sure all driving unit part is installed, after assembly is done QC will inspect as per Aramco Standard prior for final checking of clients.
Assemble fanshaft, bearing housing, upper bearing and machinery mount frame.
Connect machinery mount module to faming assembly make sure location is on correct position, after connection is done QC will inspect as per company or international Standard prior for final checking of clients.
Install motor part I sub-part assembly on machinery mount frame.
After installation of motor, installation of fan shall commence based on installation manual.
Next install fan belt and check belt tension value, make sure that it is set on required tension.
Install fanguard assembly and inlet bell assembly (if req’d).
Check if driving unit part assembly is installed prior to inspection of clients.
Erection of assembled Air Fin Fan Cooler
Upon approval erect assembled module on its required location as per approved drawings issued by client.
Upon completion of erection, QC will inspect assembled module per prior for final checking by clients.
Using crane with lifting beam (if req’d) install steam coil bundle and bundle gap plate assembly.
Followed by lifting of tube bundle assembly.
After completion of erection for tube bundle assembly, louver assembly (if req’d) shall commence.
Complete installation of air fin fan cooler.
After completion of erection QC will inspect prior to final inspection by client.
After approval by client final welding between air fin fan cooler column setting plate and main structure.
Damages and Nonconformity
Any damages and defects and nonconformity found at site and lay down yard shall be reported immediately. QC Inspector will be responsible for all required documentation.