INSTALLATION OF SOFT BOARD FOR COMPRESSOR AND PUMP FOUNDATIONS -CIVIL
This article is about INSTALLATION OF SOFT BOARD FOR COMPRESSOR AND PUMP FOUNDATIONS and focusing to the engineers, technicians and supervisors. You will find lot of documents related to this article. Just navigate our website www.paktechpoint.com and find more articles. Please! Do not forget to subscribe our You tube channel also. Thanks in Advance.
INSTALLATION OF SOFT BOARD FOR COMPRESSOR AND PUMP FOUNDATIONS
Storage and Preservation of Soft board
• Soft boards are stored in shaded area and kept on the level surface.
• Soft boards are stored such that they do not touch the ground.
• Soft boards are covered by tarpaulin at store and at site to prevent dust.
• Soft boards handling is done carefully to prevent damages.
• They are protected from moisture.
• Damaged soft boards are separated from the main stack and kept aside as scrap.
INSTALLATION OF SOFT BOARD
Surface Condition Prior to installation of soft board
• Prior to installation of soft board, concrete repairs, moisture test, coating pre-installation inspection and final coating inspection are completed.
• Surface should be dry.
• Surface should be clear of dust and dirt.
• Surface should be plane and free of sharp edges because they damage the soft board.
• Coating surface final inspection is done for acceptance of the surface without any defects. If any
defects are found, they need to be repaired.
Installation of Soft board for Compressor and Pump foundations
• Soft board mats are placed strongly all along with perimeter of the foundation.
• Using a suitable adhesive tape, soft boards are fixed firmly to the foundation.
• Overlapping of mats shall be avoided.
• Open spaces between the mats should be closed using adhesive tape of sufficient tape so that
they fixed firmly to prevent from slipping / moving.
• Check to see that the boards are firmly fixed and all open spaces are covered.
• Plastic cover is placed on the top of this soft boards to cover the soft boards properly.
• Make sure that the overlapping of plastic cover shall be 30 cm.
• Plastic sheet is wrapped with adhesive tape so that it is firmly fixed.
• Final installation inspection is done followed by backfill works.