PROCEDURE FOR SHEET PILE DRIVING WORKS -CIVIL
This article is about PROCEDURE FOR SHEET PILE DRIVING WORKS and focusing to the engineers, technicians and supervisors. You will find lot of documents related to this article. Just navigate our website www.paktechpoint.com and find more articles. Please! Do not forget to subscribe our You tube channel also. Thanks in Advance.
PROCEDURE FOR SHEET PILE DRIVING WORKS
The Scope of this method statement applies to Pile Driving work for deep sump pits as per the approved IFC drawings, project specification.
This method statement aims to set standard for Pile Driving work.
• Work method determination
o Pile may be driven or cast-in-place depending on the geological and surrounding condition.
o For driven piles, diesel or hydraulic hammer shall be used.
o Many factors shall be taken into account for cast-in-place pile such as economy, construction period, etc.
• Pile material determination
- PC,PHC, STEEL PIPE are the general pile materials and are determined depending on their supporting strength and geological structure.
|COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH||GREATER THAN 800 KG/CM||GREATER THAN 800 KG/CM|
|CORROSIVELY||GOOD||BAD (0.1 MM PER YEAR)|
|ECONOMY||GOOD||EXPENSIVE (APPR. X3)|
o PHC Pile: Also known as High Strength Pile, generally produced with pretension centrifugal force with concrete.
o Steel Pipe Pile: Steel pipe transformed into a circle, and may be divided into ERW and SPIRAL steel pipe depending on the type.
o Site investigation shall be performed in advance as rectangular or other special types of piles may exist overseas.
We can refer to these documents during performing this procedure.
• Project Specification
• Project IFC Drawings
• Approved Project Safety Plan
• Approved Project Quality Plan
• OSHA Regulation
WORKING METHOD OF SHEET PILE DRIVING WORKS
• Pre-work preparation and inspection items
o Surveying control point confirmation
o Review resources provided by other organizations regarding the plan control point (triangulation coordinate and benchmark)
o Confirm control point location and loss
o Pile hammering location selection
o Survey planned pile location
o Survey foundation level for pile driven length estimation
o Select test hammering location for precise pile driving length estimation
• Work procedure
• Hammering equipment installation and preparation
o Hammer fabrication
o Secure hammer entranceway
o Receive pile and transport
o Install pile verticality meter
o Final driven length measuring tool and writing instruments
• Pile hammering
o Commence previously determined test hammering first
o Estimate final driven pile depth after comparing plan drawing with test hammering
o Main hammering
o Confirm final driven pile depth per pile hammering
o Commence weld connection if pile connection is needed
o Confirm final driven depth
• Pile head arrangement
o Pile top severance : Severing equipment use regulation
o Pile head reinforcement : Rebar reinforcement
• Before starting the work tool box meeting is conducted at site.
• TSTI is conducted by foreman explaining about the work procedures.
• The condition of all heavy equipment is checked and ensured.
• The checklist of all the heavy equipment is updated daily.
• Confined space log sheet is maintained strictly.
• Equipment color code is updated.
• Power tools and hand tools are checked to ensure the condition.
• Work area is barricaded.
• Appropriate signage provided.
• Work force is provided with PPE
• Hammering Safety
o Confirm operator’s heavy equipment license.
o Confirm safety link (wires).
o Confirm rigidity of entranceways or hammering sites.
• Safety matters when transporting pileso Confirm material insurance and driver license.
o Transporting road condition
o Pile bound condition
• When hammering
o Confirm hammer conduction
o Access restricted near hammer site
o Safety workers and signalman allocation